Thursday, January 5, 2012

am I four yet, mum?

we celebrated this little boy's birthday this week. 4...not so little anymore. And soon to be a big brother too. I can't tell you how many times over the past six months or so he's asked me when he will be four, the magic number it seems. So, it was with great anticipation on the morning after his birthday that he asked me "am I still four, mum?" (a whole day had elapsed after all). When I replied yes, he sighed a big sigh of relief and told me" it's good to be four".needless to say, we are now talking about five. What's with all this wanting to grow up, or is it just the thought of more birthday cake? I think we'll just stick with four for now. And soon-to-be nine. And nearly twelve. Oh, and then there's bubba who will no doubt be in way too much of a hurry to grow up too.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

happy birthday sweet boy. xxx

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

what a little darling! You know, i remember NEEDING to grow up really quickly, now I see it in my son and shake my wise old head!

Beautiful tee pee- i suspect you made that beauty!?

xo em

Melody said...

Happy Birthday to him! I hope that he loves being 4 :)

sean the prawn said...

4 is a wonderful age to play & imagine, I hope he had a great day. Love your teepee!

My Messy Room said...

my goodness he looks like dad in that 1st photo!

I'm glad your feeling like blogging again - its always a lovely read.

Happy New Year and may this new year bring you lots of happiness!! xx